Christmas is the time of the year, when you think on your beloved ones, when you pause for a moment to say “thank you”. Still one of the nicest ways to tell is by a handwritten postcard, a little personal surprise in the moment of opening the postbox in the everyday rush – and even more, if it’s not a cheesy golden-stars-and-tree ensemble but a simple black-and-white design that manages to put a smile on the face!
Until today only 15% of the materia of the universe are known. The other 85% are a big mistery. Nobody knows how it looks or behaves. 15 artists and a number of scientists got into an intensive exchange about this “dark matter”. The result is an exhibition at DESY in Hamburg where sculptures, paintings, installations, photographs and video works are placed in the direct neighbourhood of particle accelerators and the new free-electron laser.
The “Trilogie vom Hiersein” is a series of three dance performances. The ensemble works very intuitively, their goal is to express pure emotion and transmit it to the audience. The flyer and poster capture the volatileness of the tiny moment of being that can be called “here” by combining three images to one explosive dance figure, interwoven with the headline – concentrated and energetic at the same time.
“Nothing bad can happen” is the first motion picture by Katrin Gebbe – and shown at the Festival de Cannes 2013. Her works are: straight, unsettling and sometimes even brutal, not afraid to break any rules, but with a sensitive sense for communication outside the language. Transferred to typography: clear and proud in its rounding, a little aggressive by its spikes, broad because of the big space between the letters.